Why Become a Member?
Who Are We?
The Ontario Electrical League (OEL) is a non-profit, members-based organization that represents the electrical industry in Ontario.
For over 90 years, we have striven to promote, strengthen and represent the electrical industry in Ontario. Our membership includes more than 12,000 individuals that span across Ontario, and is supported by a provincial office.
Our membership includes, but is not limited to: Licensed Electrical Contractors (LECs); Utilities, Distributors; Manufacturers; Agents; Engineers; Educators and Electrical Inspectors. For a full list of our membership by segment, click here. To find a contractor, click here.
What Does the OEL Do?
We are the voice of Ontario's independent electrical contractors on issues that matter to their business, at Queen's Park and government agencies
We fight for a 1:1 apprenticeship ratio, less bureaucratic red tape, fair and democratic labour laws and other changes that will benefit the electrical industry.
We represent our members at multiple government authorities and industry partners. This includes ESA, WSIB, MOL, ECRA, MTCU and OCOT, just to name a few. Please click here to see OEL's committees and how we're represented in the industry.
We advocate for our members to organizations representing the broader electrical industry by being involved with the Construction and Design Alliance of Ontario (CDAO) and the Ontario Skilled Trades Alliance (OSTA).
The Best Connection You'll Ever Make!
OEL Contractor and Government Relations Committees meet regularly to address issues that affect our members. These include, but are not limited to;
- The Ontario College of Trades (OCOT)
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) rates
- Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) code changes and regulations
- Infrastructure Health and Safety (IHSA) issues
And many, many more.
What Our Members Are Saying
- "We would never be at our level of success without the support of the OEL network."
- "OEL offers a library of knowledge for today's contractors."
- "The association keeps us connected with industry peers and offers insight, education and guidance on trends, forecasts and issues affecting our industry and our businesses."
- "Being part of OEL keeps us up-to-date with techniques, standards and solutions for new products so we can guarantee our customers quality workmanship."
- "The OEL gives us the power to affect positive change in the industry."
- "Savings from OEL benefit and discount programs can more than cover the cost of membership."
Our Member Benefit and Discount Programs Include
- Online Training using OEL’s eUniversity Training Portal with MasteryNet at $24.95 per person per course
- Legal Consulting for OEL Electrical Contractor Members with a free 15-minute telephone consultation, once a month to discuss your labour relations issues
- Marks Work Wearhouse/Imagewear provides our members with a 10 per cent discount for individuals and 15 per cent discounts for chapter orders
- EasyInsure represents every single insurance company to cover OEL members' businesses, equipment, surety bonding, personal assets and group benefits
- General Motors Competitive Assistance Discount Program. 2019 General Motors rebates are now available for OEL members. Buying, leasing or financing - there are thousands of $$$ in savings for OEL member companies. Contact the OEL office for information
- JPL Leasing offers customized commercial and corporate vehicle programs
- Chrysler Canada Fleet Discount Program for OEL members offers 2019 Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM and Fiat vehicles with substantial savings
- CAA offers OEL members an exclusive Corporate Membership that includes four 200-300 kms tows annually, and discounts on travel, travel insurance, oil changes and more
- Mr. Lube offers OEL members 15 per cent off oil changes and 10 per cent off all other services
- Imperial Oil and Esso offer OEL members savings of 2.6 cents/ litre
- Petro-Canada Savings Plans offers OEL members numerous savings. Some examples include 0.02/litre on grades of gasoline and diesel and 20 per cent on car washes
- Our Work Share Portal provides an opportunity to share manpower and/or equipment within the OEL network
Marketing and Communications
- LinkedIn - join the Ontario Electrical League group
- Twitter - follow us on @OELeague
- Facebook - find the Ontario Electrical League on Facebook and click 'like' join the
- Flickr - see our adventures at OEL3 on Flickr and 'follow'
- YouTube - The OEL has produced two promotional videos to help consumers and the industry understand the benefits of membership. Watch them here
- Dialogue distributed quarterly to all OEL members and partners provides updates on contractor, industry and government relations issues, OEL activities and member news. Be sure to forward your company news and/or pictures to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to include it in the next issue
- OEL Weekly News is forwarded to OEL members and includes industry news and member updates
- Our Member Information Centre (MIC) can be accessed by logging in from our website with your credentials. The MIC hosts more news, events and resources, and is also where you can find your membership benefits. Of the most useful resources hosted in the MIC is the OEL Rate Calculator, Ontario Electrical Apprenticeship Online Reference and Labour Rate Guide, which is updated every year
Meetings and Events
Chapter meetings and events across province. Please click here to see our chapter locations and contact information
Contractor Committee meetings. Chapters Designated Contractors welcome
Monthly Government Relations Committee teleconference meetings
OEL Board of Directors Meetings
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Electrical Industry Conference (EIC) takes place in the spring of each year. The 2020 event will be hosted by OEL's Ottawa Chapter in Ottawa, Ontario.
Click here for information on our past conferences.
OEL Chapter Golf Tournaments