Why Become a Member?
Who Are We?
The Ontario Electrical League (OEL) is a non-profit, members-based organization that represents the electrical industry in Ontario.
For over 100 years, we have strived to promote, strengthen and represent the electrical industry in Ontario. Our membership includes more than 12,000 individuals that span across Ontario, and is supported by a provincial office.
Our membership includes, but is not limited to: Licensed Electrical Contractors (LECs); Utilities, Distributors; Manufacturers; Agents; Engineers; Educators and Electrical Inspectors. For a full list of our membership by segment, click here. To find a contractor, click here.
What Does the OEL Do?
We are the voice of Ontario's independent electrical contractors on issues that matter to their business, at Queen's Park and government agencies
We fight for a 1:1 apprenticeship ratio, less bureaucratic red tape, fair and democratic labour laws and other changes that will benefit the electrical industry.
We represent our members at multiple government authorities and industry partners. This includes ESA, WSIB, MOL, ECRA, MCU and SKO, just to name a few. Please click here to see OEL's committees and how we're represented in the industry.
We advocate for our members to organizations representing the broader electrical industry by being involved with the Construction and Design Alliance of Ontario (CDAO) and the Ontario Skilled Trades Alliance (OSTA).
The Best Connection You'll Ever Make!
The OEL's Contractor Committee meets regularly to address issues that affect our members. These include, but are not limited to;
Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training and Skills Development
Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) rates
- Electrical Safety Authority (ESA) code changes and regulations
- Infrastructure Health and Safety (IHSA) issues
And many, many more.
What Our Members Are Saying:
- "We would never be at our level of success without the support of the OEL network."
- "OEL offers a library of knowledge for today's contractors."
- "The association keeps us connected with industry peers and offers insight, education and guidance on trends, forecasts and issues affecting our industry and our businesses."
- "Being part of OEL keeps us up-to-date with techniques, standards and solutions for new products so we can guarantee our customers quality workmanship."
- "The OEL gives us the power to affect positive change in the industry."
- "Savings from OEL benefit and discount programs can more than cover the cost of membership."
Some of Our Member Benefit and Discount Programs Include:
- Online Training using OEL’s eUniversity Training Portal with MasteryNet at $24.95 per person per course (click here to access the portal)
- PandaPay provides dedicated ongoing personalized care for payment processing and business needs, offering traditional and virtual terminals, as well as no cancellation charges, rate increases or contracts.
- Legal consulting for OEL electrical contractor members include a free 15-minute telephone consultation, once a month to discuss your labour relations issues
- Mark's provides our members with a 10 per cent discount
- Federated Insurance is one of Canada’s leading direct commercial insurers. With a dedicated agent and risk management team on your side, they can help protect your business so you can focus on what matters most – your opportunities. Learn more at www.federated.ca.
- EasyInsure represents every single insurance company to cover OEL members' businesses, equipment, surety bonding, personal assets and group benefits
- General Motors Competitive Assistance Discount Program. 2022 General Motors rebates are now available for OEL members. Buying, leasing or financing - there are thousands of $$$ in savings for OEL member companies. Contact the OEL office for information
- Jim Peplinski Leasing offers customized commercial and corporate vehicle programs
- Chrysler Canada Fleet Discount Program for OEL members offers 2022 Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM and Fiat vehicles with substantial savings
- CAA offers OEL members an exclusive Corporate Membership that includes four 200-300 kms tows annually, and discounts on travel, travel insurance, oil changes and more
- Mr. Lube offers OEL members 15 per cent off oil changes and 10 per cent off all other services
- Imperial Oil and Esso offer OEL members savings of 2.6 cents/ litre
- Petro-Canada Savings Plans offers OEL members numerous savings. Some examples include 0.02/litre on grades of gasoline and diesel and 20 per cent on car washes
- Perkopolis provides great savings on entertainment, travel, attractions, shopping, health, wellness, sport and more
Marketing and Communications
- LinkedIn - join the Ontario Electrical League group
- Twitter - follow us on @OELeague
- Facebook - find the Ontario Electrical League on Facebook and click 'like' join the
- YouTube - The OEL has produced two promotional videos to help consumers and the industry understand the benefits of membership. Watch them here
- Weekly Dialogue is an email newsletter distributed every Friday to all OEL members and partners provides updates on contractor, industry and government relations issues, OEL activities and member news
- Our Member Information Centre (MIC) can be accessed by logging in from our website with your credentials. The MIC hosts more news, events and resources, and is also where you can find your membership benefits. Of the most useful resources hosted in the MIC is the OEL Rate Calculator, Ontario Electrical Apprenticeship Online Reference and Labour Rate Guide, which is updated every year
Meetings and Events
Chapter meetings and events across province. Please click here to see our chapter locations and contact information
Contractor Committee meetings. Chapters Designated Contractors welcome
Monthly Government Relations Committee teleconference meetings
OEL Board of Directors Meetings
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Electrical Industry Conference (EIC) takes place in the spring of each year. The 2023 event will be hosted by OEL's Tri-County Chapter in Brantford, Ontario.
Click here for information on our past conferences.
OEL Chapter Golf Tournaments