Code of Conduct
As a Contractor Member of the Ontario Electrical League, we agree to abide by the following Code of Conduct and Business Principles.
- Commit to excellence in meeting customer expectations.
- Ensure that ethical conduct is recognized, valued and exemplified by all employees.
- Comply with the rules and regulations of all government authorities to ensure good service, quality workmanship and public safety.
- Agree to complete all work in full compliance with the Ontario Electrical Safety Code.
- Agree to engage in fair business practices, including;
- Following proper tendering procedures.
- Maintenance of appropriate Liability Insurance.
- Using qualified and/or certified employees.
- Avoidance of conflict of interest situations.
- Respect and welcome fair competition, keeping the customer’s best interests in the forefront.
- Recognize the value of education, and strive for continuous improvement of best practices and procedures for employees and customers alike.
- Provide a safe and healthy workplace.
- Strive to make a positive contribution to local community endeavors, and contribute as a good corporate citizen.
- See value in maintaining OEL Membership and use the association, its members, products and services wherever possible.
Dale Macdonald, Chair, Ontario Electrical League