Sherrard Kuzz LLP Webinar: Lessons Learned from 2020 and What to Expect in 2021 - December 2, 2020
Out With The Old, In With The New: Lessons Learned from 2020 and What to Expect in 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic brought unexpected change and upheaval to workplaces across the country and around the world. Join us as we discuss the most significant changes from 2020, including those likely to continue to impact employers, and pressing issues that may come down the pipe in 2021. Topics include:
Termination and Closure
- Does a requirement to permanently work-from-home or return to the office constitute a constructive dismissal?
- Can an Ontario employer terminate an employee on Infectious Disease Emergency Leave?
- What is a ?mass termination? and how does it impact an employer?s obligation to its employees?
- Recent case law on the enforceability of employment agreements.
A Return to ?Normal?
- Managing a request for accommodation related to mental health and COVID-19 fears.
- Can an employer require an employee to be vaccinated from COVID-19?
- For how long can an employer remain on Infectious Disease Emergency Leave either due to the employee?s own health status or need to provide ?care and support? to a family member?