BILL 148: Understanding (and Complying) with the New Obligations Under the Employment Standards Act, 2000 and Labour Relations Act, 1995 with Tim Allen, Sherrard Kuzz LLP, Employment & Labour Lawyers
Bill 148 introduces significant amendments to Ontario’s Employment Standards Act, 2000 (“ESA”) and Labour Relations Act, 1995 (“LRA”), many of which took effect on January 1, 2018, with others coming into force on April 1, 2018 and January 1, 2019.
This seminar is designed to provide an overview of the changes to the ESA and LRA and provide practical tips to electrical contractors who wish to remain compliant with the new legislation.
- Equal Pay for part-time, temporary and casual employees: understanding and applying the new law
- Scheduling: policies and practices to comply with the new obligations
- Personal Emergency Leave: integration with existing leave policies and other paid entitlements
- Vacation and Holiday Pay: how to calculate under the new regime
- Record Keeping: what’s new and how to comply
- Changes to Collective Bargaining and Labour Board Processes: strategic options to address labour relations challenges
Sherrard Kuzz LLP is one of Canada’s leading employment and labour law firms exclusively representing the interests of management. Recognized as a leading provider of strategic advice and effective employment and labour relations representation within the construction industry, the firm team has been named among Canada’s Top 10 Employment and Labour Boutiques (Canadian Lawyer®), Canada’s Leading Employment & Labour Law Firms (Chambers Global®) and as Repeatedly Recommended (Expert®).